Can I let you in on a secret? The “About Me” page is one of the most trafficked pages on a website. People want to know what your business is and what it can do for them, and who you are and why they should invest in you. When it comes to choosing a photographer, this is very important! Afterall, if you don’t feel at ease with your photographer, how ‘natural’ is your smile going to be? And forget about getting photos of your ‘happy’ kids! It’s important to feel a connection with your photographer; This connection will help make you, your significant other, your kids… or even your cat and dogs… relaxed and at happy. GETTING PHOTOS TAKEN SHOULD BE AN ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE!
SO LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT ME!
In addition to having the artistic and technical know-how to take good photographs I’ve:
- been known to sing “I’m a Little Tea Pot,” jump up and down, make silly faces, and generally make a fool of myself to make kids laugh.
- laid flat on my stomach in a pile snow in minus 20 degree weather to capture that perfect ‘Winter Wonderland’ wedding photo!
- been known to scale to the top of playground equipment, hang off a railing, and wade knee-deep in water to get the best angle for a photograph.
I will do (almost!) whatever it takes to get that special shot! These photographic moments are the ones that will stand out from the rest.
In addition to working as a photographer, I have a private practice specializing in youth counselling: Prusik Youth Counselling & Mentorship Services-www.prusikyouthservices.com, and also work as a rock climbing instructor and outdoor guide. All of these professional experiences have contributed to my ability to capture unique, memorable and striking images. I utilze my counselling skills to connect with my photographic subjects (capturing smiles, laughs and intimate moments) and use my climbing and athletic skills to find unique angles, creating interesting and artistic photos.
In addition to photography, my hobbies include getting out to the mountains (backpacking, rock and ice climbing, cross-country skiing etc.), working out, jamming on the guitar, traveling and art. I love seeing new sights and taking photographs along the way!
Projects and Publications
- September 2011- Present: Stills Photographer, “The Sticking Place”-www.thestickingplacefilm.ca
- October 2011: National/Olympic Athletes, Women’s Wrestling High Fashion Photoshoot
- November 2011: Brochure design and layout, Canadian Association of Group Therapy
- May 2009: Marketing Photoshoot, Cause and Effect Foundation
- February 2009: Front Page Cover, CIS Wrestling Championship
- 2007/08: Wrestling Photos, University of Calgary “ROAR” Magazine
“Photography is a way of feeling, or touching, or loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever… it remembers the little things, long after you have forgotten everything.” -Aaron Siskind-
MONIQUE AT PLAY